• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dakota 1979 for sale 122000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zskaff

Reaction score
N2960R 1979 dakota TTAF 4650 SMOH 819 SPOH 250. G430W, GTX330ES ( full 2020 compliance), Mccaully 3-blade prop, KMA 24 audio panel, standby vac pump, kx155 navcom, NSD 360 HSII, EDM 800, wx-900, autopilot IIIB, electric trim, knots U2 gap aeals and tips, ext 8/10 and int 8/10. No damage . New baffles, new mags, new vac pump, new landing LED ligt. Complete logs, IFR due 10/2016 and annual due 10/15.

Zskaff

Reaction score
Always hangared and babied. Main flying machine for me and my family. Sweet IFR aircraft: standby vacuum pump, electric virtual horizon. 2 navs. Leather seats, wood trim.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need some panel pics.

Why are you selling?

* Orest

Zskaff

Reaction score
Hey Orest, I figured where we live and some of the destinations we were interested in, we needed faster. Also my wife likes the idea of a parachute. Gives her some more peace of mind. Having aquired my instrument rating and a couple additional hundred hours, I figured now is as good of a time as ever to switch to an SR22. I'm in no rush, I do love our Dakota, I invested a lot of money upgrading it. My wife will be taking some professional pics today and I should be able to post them here.

Zskaff

Reaction score
Absolutely uncalled for! I have many friends in this forum and I didnt think I would offend anybody by posting some of our good memories with the plane plus the last sentence was more pics to come but I guess u couldnt wait to show off or somebody must have forced you into seeing a picture of my family. Love it everytime I stumble upon that ONE that knows it all.

Anyway, we did a photoshoot at the airport yesterday simply of the plane of the panel as well ( so that precious doesn't get herself into another tantrum ) and I should be posting them here.

arkvet

Reaction score
I really see no problem with the pictures personally. Sure I would think a panel picture would be top priority right away but I think he did say that was coming.

Nothing wrong with having some people in the pictures.

Me thinks someone pissed in unit's Cheerios. "Big guy"? Lol. Come on, keep it professional unit.

Zskaff, beautiful plane. You won't have any trouble selling it I'm sure.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I just see it as a miscellaneous pic post, noting that a sale is indeed underway shortly. Personally, I enjoy sharing other folks' memories and experiences here.

I did suggest a panel pic, and one is indeed coming, as the sales "package" is being put together. I expect the pics on TAP or elsewhere will, in contrast, be a straight "here's the goods" post.

In any case Zskaff, good luck.

* Orest

Last edited:

netsurfr

Reaction score
I'll chime in too as I thought the comment was way off base. As a matter of fact good selling IS about selling emotion/memories not just showing/telling the specs. That's why you don't see ads for say a car that simply shows you pictures of the car exterior/interior along w/ specs but instead the ads try to show you a "story" about how you/your family will FEEL owning/driving that car. In a plane seeing pictures of the "fam" shows people looking at it how an actually family of 4 would fit into the plane and would also "sell" the idea of going on family trips, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.