• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

DAC GDC-31 GPSS/Roll Steering Converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So after my panel install, I have a DAC GDC-31 GPSS/Roll steering converter for sale. I purchased it about 2.5 years ago and it has been working great. I paid over 3AMU’s for it plus another 1AMU for install. I would like to get $1200/shipped CONUS. It will come with the GDC31, the radio coupler, and the annunciator. Here is a brief description from DAC:

The GDC31 output signal connects to the heading error input of the aircraft’s existing autopilot. The GDC31 mimics the heading error signal of the aircraft’s installed HSI or DG. The GDC31 does not reduce or otherwise alter any existing safety features of the autopilot, such as bank limiting, rate limiting and protection from a hard over. The GDC31 provides lateral (roll) data only (no pitch data is supplied by the GDC31).

The pilot simply selects between heading mode and GPS mode by using the switch / annunciator. In heading mode, the autopilot operates as always, tracking the heading bug of the HSI or DG. In GPS mode, the GDC31 RSS signal drives the autopilot’s heading channel. The GDC31 calculates the correct course intercept angle from the data supplied by the GPS, smoothly guiding the aircraft onto the course. The GDC31 then holds the aircraft on the selected course. If the GPS is programmed with Flight Plan data, the GDC31 will calculate the new intercept angle at each waypoint change, intercepting and holding the new course without pilot intervention.

The GDC31 is designed to operate with both rate based and position based autopilots.

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2689.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back