• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cruise performance when fully loaded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rflatt

Reaction score
Had my first flight today with 5 people loaded (average weight of all passengers was 130lbs, 3 of them were children), quite a few bags, and full fuel tanks. I was surprised to see how much this dragged my cruise speed down. It was pretty hot today at 92 degrees on the ground and we only cruised at 5500 to stay below a pretty solid layer of clouds. Running at the PoH recommended 2400/22" for 65% power we were only able to move at 130-135 knots with no wind to speak of. Do you other owners see this type of penalty when near MGW?

For reference, my bird is a 1977 NA Lance.

Ryan

Latest posts

Back