• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Crowd Source STC/337 paperwork?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebRuss

Reaction score
Hello All

A while back I purchased a Apollo / Garmin GX60 and had the local avionics shop install it for me. It is all installed lovely and works perfectly.

The problem is the avionics shop cant get the paperwork approved by the FSDO. The poor guy at the avionics shop is at his wit's end. After the third or fourth rejection, he asked me to find someone else to help get the paperwork submitted as he does not know what to do. This local avionics guy has years of experience and is very knowledgeable - seems the local FSDO in Orlando is giving many local shops a lot of headaches.

I asked around a few other shops, and they all groaned about the Orlando FSDO, and the ones who are even willing to touch it want to charge me a large fee to essentially redo the installation and the paperwork. Nobody wants to approve and be on the hook for someone else's work. I get it.

I looked over the paperwork and the rejection letter and to be honest, even with my analytical mind, the acronyms and FAA jargon are just too confusing for me to make any progress in a reasonable amount of time. I need some folks who know what they are doing with this type of paperwork.

So with the level of brain power present on this forum, I was wondering if you all would help me by "crowd sourcing" the corrections to the paperwork.

Essentially I will post here what was submitted and the rejection letter and ask you all to help me get it corrected however it needs to be done. Then I will take the corrected paperwork back to my local avionics shop and ask him to resubmit.

Would you all, who know this stuff, be willing to help?

Link to Relevant docs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c8qcys35riaudxo/AAAWLpFq2DrV7oYWKCUHNeHYa?dl=0

In this folder is a copy of the rejection letter from the FAA, the 337 and the AFM

Thanks in advance
Russ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back