• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cracks in windshield around OAT probe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, after my plane came out of the shop, they put the canopy cover on without getting the pocket over the OAT probe, so it was sticking directly onto the main part of the cover. When I took the cover off today, I discovered these cracks around it. One is fairly long. Does anyone know if these can be stop-drilled and repaired? I'll ask the shop to order a new windshield either way, but I don't want the plane to be out of service long and the shop is backed up by months. Thanks in advance for the input!

Attachments

• IMG_1585.jpeg
    IMG_1585.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back