• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Corrosion RH top spar cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good afternoon All

Just recently complied with the inspection panel installation for the inboard spar inspection and found the LH wing clean no sign of problems. But on the RH wing corrosion on the top of spar cap. We proceeded to remove the wing only to find it worse and not to even think about further Eddy current inspection to see if it would meet the Piper measurement specs but if you think about it even if it did can you really not think about it since you been given the second chance not to fall out of the sky. I was wondering if there are any other Cherokee owners finding the same problem? i have l looked at some other wings that are available but different part numbers and one real strange note i found a wing with part number 62015-14 that i cant find it in the PIPER PA-140,150/160/180/200 Parts manual. I have requested to purchase a new wing spar and rebuild my wing part number 62015-2 and comments would be most appriciated.

Latest posts

Back