• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Copper Cables Ordered - SB-836A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
I printed out Piper service bulletin 836A, about replacing aluminum cables with copper. My annual is due in Nov. I have planned on doing this. I ordered the cables right from Bogert, as I was on the phone with some questions 1st. They came down 10% to get close to the Aircraft Spruce price, & shipped the same day. I was going to mix & match some other cables I have, but with the minimal savings & extra A&P costs I decided to get the 5 cables cut to the correct length.

I plan to just have the A&P put the cables in as part of the annual. The previous owner said he was close to getting the copper cables but never got around to it. Hopefully my cranking improves.

Latest posts

Back