• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Constant Mud Dauber Battle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4655R

Reaction score
If anyone has any secrets they want to reveal on how to keep Mud Dauber Wasps out of the hangar, I would really like to hear it. Them little buggers can build a mud nest pretty damn quick. I am being over run in the hangar. I set some wasp traps in the hangar today using plastic soda bottles, cut and inverted the tops. I'll see what that does. I read about spraying the hangar with Peppermint Oil diluted with water, so I will be ordering Peppermint Oil. Which by the way is $16-$20 for 4oz. - Crazy ****. And it has to be re-applied regularly to keep working.

The other day, I removed 2 mud nests off the carburetor heat shroud of the plane. Today, I did not find any in the plane but had to remove 3 nests from 2 folding chairs I have in the hangar. Did I mention that not only do these nests have baby wasp larvae in them, but they are also filled with spiders that momma wasp brought to her offspring. This is not an air tight/insulated hangar, so I am not able to seal the spaces between the door panels, but it does have doors.

Please, help me win this war against the wasps. The wife refuses to come to the hangar as she is allergic to bees and wasps.

Latest posts

Back