• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Considering a Dakota

Josh Cook

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there Piper-heads. Looking to upgrade from my Cherokee-180 C to an IFR-capable Dakota (low-to-mid-time). Not many listed on the common e-market sites. Anyone have any leads?

5Tango

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those of us flying one don’t part with them often.

good luck with your search

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other issue with buying a Dakota, is that they just didn't make that many of them, and in only the 1980 to 1994 years, or so.

In Canada there are actually only thirteen registered Dakotas, in all the land!

When I went shopping for a Dakota (2007), I found about a dozen in the US for sale, that were worth considering within a reasonable distance (ie. not West coast etc.), and I ended up with my current one, imported it from IA.

Good luck.

* Orest

rwyerosk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they get rid of the Bendix-3000 mag set up?……..

rwyerosk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

rwyerosk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts