• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Concept: An airpark with apartments/condominiums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I feel, like most, the ultimate lifestyle would be to live at a place with your plane. But, also like most of us, I can't afford most airparks which only have large single family homes/mansions or have enough land for their own private airstrip.

This got me thinking, there ought to be an airpark with multifamily construction with access to hanger space. I imagine the construction would be T-hangers on the ground floor with residential living spaces above, the whole structure probably 2-3 stories. The residential spaces would probably be sold as condominiums with the unit sold with the hanger space, but I could imagine an apartment renter structure being possible. I'd imagine these units to be on the larger end, 2-3 bedrooms, walkout porches, etc.

The real trick is that no established airpark would allow such a structure to be built, because they wouldn't want lower income families moving into their community. (Which is the issue with most HOAs) For this to work it would need to be established with the founding of the airpark, and ideally, this airpark would be near enough to a town/city that the residents could easily travel there for shopping/work etc.

I work in construction/inspection so I know this kind of structure can be built. What I don't know is the zoning/investment such a project would need. What do you think? Do you think such a concept could work? Would you live there?

Latest posts

Back