• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Commercial maneuvers in a Turbo Arrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Polling the electorate…

As I move into commercial, the bulk of what I need to do is the commercial maneuvers. IR took care of the instrument, plenty of complex and TAA time, and lots of XC already.

I’ve been debating doing commercial maneuvers in this plane…particularly the power off 180s, steep spirals, and emergency descents. Yes, its the heat issues in a small turbo Continental.

As a counter to that concern, Senecas (same engine) have often been used as multi trainers…and that involves frequently shutting an engine all the way down.

The engine is young (under 50 tach hours) and recently overhauled, as is the turbo.

Experiences on this? (As opposed to third-hand conventional wisdom)

Latest posts

Back