• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Comant GPS antenna/Apollo GPS eligibility?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killrocks

Reaction score
My Cherokee has a Apollo LORAN unit. I recently picked up a Apollo GX-55 GPS that plugs into the same tray and uses the same connections. We recently removed the LORAN antenna from the bottom of the plane, and kept the cable tied off in the tailcone for now.

My Com 1 has also been acting up and the antenna is not in that great of shape. My question is this: If the GX-55 installation manual specifies the use of an Apollo A33 or A34 antenna, can I instead still use a Comant combination Com and GPS antenna as long as it conforms to the TSO? The A33, A34, and Comant CI2480-200 are all TSO C144 5v GPS antennas. It would be pretty convenient to be able to use that and kill two birds with one stone.

Latest posts

Back