• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Comanche Aft Bulkhead Cracks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryansvetz

Reaction score
I have a Comanche 180 right now that has developed cracks on the aft most bulkhead in the tail (in the vicinity of the stabilator attach points.)

Had anyone encountered this before? I have come across several pictures of other Comanches (usually pics showing the High Shear Rivet replacement) that appear to have sections cut out of this bulkhead (there are stamped impressions on either side of the torque tube and horn, and these are the sections that appear to have been removed and happen to be where mine is cracked.)

Are there any approved repairs or modifications to this section? It's been thus far impossible to find even a used serviceable replacement.

Part number is 20479-00 or 20479-00

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back