• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Circuit breaker issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg S

Reaction score
OK, this may seem like a lame question, but is there an easy way to pull out a circuit breaker? I removed a loran unit from my 140 and it had its own breaker. I figured I'd just pull the breaker out (not remove it - just pop it). I couldn't get a good hold on the goofy button to pull it out. The thing, when pushed in, if practically flush with the panel. Now I'm not an avionics genius, but I've pulled plenty of USAF type breakers in the past w/o any problems. They all protuded a little so you could get your fingers behind them and pull them out easily. Is it really necessary to get behind these buggars with a small screwdriver or something to kind of "persuade" them into the off position? Just seems like if you wanted to pull one in flight, it would be quite an exercise. So what's the secret?

Latest posts

Back