• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

CIII fixed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlcmdrx2

Reaction score
Ok so i got the plane from Central Florida avionics in Leesburg and after a lot of maintenance the ap works now, the gs will be captured.
The altitude is held quite good but the airpleane trims nose up excessively, so much that when ap is disconected the airplane will climb violently if you dont hold
the yoke with quite a force.
If ill trim it myself and then engage ill gain two or three knots but the ap will eventually trim again nose up.
Is this normal? does this have to do with control rigging?
Another issue, ive installed an Aspen PFd as some of you know and the ball is showing slightly to the left, but i feel the airplane is straight.
Should i ask my avionics guy to try to recalibrate it? I know some of the pFD balls are inaccurate.
Ill try doing some videos tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back