• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee Interior Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkallen

Reaction score
My airplane is almost back together after 8 long months. It is 1 1969 180D. I went to look at it yesterday. There is a bundle of wires that come out from under the rear seat and go into the side wall under the door. That bundle is exposed in that corner. I am looking on a parts list and cannot find a cover that goes over that area and the mechanic doesn't remember what it looked like when they pulled it apart. I am sure it wasn't like that before, but I never get in the back seat. I see it as a place where passengers could step on the bundle or trip on it getting out. Looking at the parts list and all of the exploded views I can find, I cannot find a cover or a molded anything that suppose to go there. The current thought in my mind is that the mechanic screwed up and that bundle should have been routed from under the seat to the outer wall then under the door frame and never into the cabin the way it is.

And yes I am posting this in several places. I want to give my mechanic a resolution to this issue by Monday if possible.

Thanks for all help.

Latest posts

Back