• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee Intake Air hose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweety

Reaction score
Doing my first "owner -assisted" annual on my 1969 140 and for the first time I saw the engine with the lower cowling off. I was surprised by the couple of sharp bends in the cold air intake hose from the filter box to the hot/cold valve below the carb. It seems like the bends would be antithetical to good "breathing". My original SCEET hose was replaced at the last annual with generic SCEET hose and I'm wondering whether the AP used a length that is a little too long. I understand that there is an SAIB about this, with a recommendation that only the genuine Piper part (99849-04) should be used for replacement. Should I get that and replace the generic hose?

I'd like to post a picture of my installation, but can't. I'd appreciate it if someone could post one of theirs.

Latest posts

Back