• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee 235 exhaust recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, it looks like the left stack on my 235 is about done - it's a bit warped and the local PMA (Atlee Dodge) says it's time to replace it. They make exhaust systems, but not for an O-540, so I need to get something else. Powerflow said they don't do any for O-540s either. The local salvage company doesn't have anything.. I'm thinking it's better to get a new system anyway, and I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone know of any tuned systems like Powerflow that I should be considering?

2) Does anyone have any recommendations on who to get a standard exhaust from, good/bad experiences with any particular companies? I'm looking at Aircraft Exhaust, Acron Welding, or AWI, but that's just because I found them on the web.

3) The shop says my right stack and muffler are OK, but I'm thinking of just taking care of both stacks and probably the muffler, assuming I'll have to deal with it all soon anyway, and I feel a bit superstitious about having uneven flow out of the left and right sides if I do a new stack just on one side..

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back