• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee 235 / Dakota question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to this forum and I love the info available. You all are a wealth of information. I’m getting back into GA flying after 20 years plus and trying to get caught up with all that has changed. I’m looking for an airplane that will haul 4 adults with ease. My need is 400 NM in less than 3 hours, Houston, TX to Lubbock, TX to see our son in college. Density altitude will come into play at times especially in Lubbock. The 235 / Dakota seems to fit my needs. I don’t need the extra fuel burn and expense of a Cherokee 6 / Saratoga although the extra room would be nice. I have a lot of time in Cherokees and am very familiar with them, however I have never flown the 235 / Dakota. I’ve considered the Arrow but really don’t want the extra expense of the gear and from what I remember 4 adults and full fuel is questionable. What are you guys paying for an annual these days, before extra issues? I’m an A&P but haven’t turned a wrench on an airplane in many years. I can do basic maintenance but would absolutely use someone that knows these machines for major work. What kind of fuel burn and speed are you seeing? I’d sacrifice some fuel burn for speed so rich of peak numbers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the info.

Dave

Latest posts

Back