• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee 235 avionics

rrothe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to put a new Garmin G3X panel in my 235. I’ll be selling a KLX 135A, 4 fuel senders, all my engine instruments, vacuum gauge, Narco com/nav, DME, ADF, audio panel and transponder, PS intercom, etc. Probably selling everything but the clock :). It should be available in mid June.

SMXChris

Reaction score
Same airplane, I’m looking to do something similar. Are going Garmin hoping the autopilot also gets certified or are you going a different way or no autopilot?

rrothe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I taught my wife to fly years ago. She’s my autopilot....she loves to fly.
We are going all Garmin. G3X, G5, GMA345,GNX375, GNC255, and a BNC connector attached to an antenna for a handheld backup radio. It is being installed at the avionics shop at my airport, KFLY in Colorado Springs. Dan Fisher is an excellent Garmin installer. I highly recommend him. Any suggestions from the forum?

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Your fixed pitch 235 looks like the same vintage as my 1964. Great plane! I have a GTN650, GTX330es, and a GMA350 in mine. I don't know what audio panel that is, but the 3d audio on the newer ones is worth the extra.

gjvilla

8835W
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a King KI 209 VOR/LOC/Glideslope indicator?

gjvilla

8835W
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it’s a Narco
I'm interested, let me know what model of Narco and send me a message once you have it all pulled out.

Also, I've got a 235 and would love to see how everything looks once you're done.

Latest posts