• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Century 2000 “know it alls” I need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kipw31

Reaction score
I have a pa-32-260 with a century 2000 with a trim prompter. i Keep hearing something beep at me while Im hand flying. Not all the time, just occasionally, enough to get my attention to look, but can never find the Culprit. It sounds like the trim prompter alarm, but the autopilot is not on. The autopilot works fine, but I have noticed since the annual, that I can’t seem to satisfy the trim prompter light, it flashes down fast...... then switches to trim up, and I never touch the trim. It will be flashing up or down, and I can press the disconnect button, and the plane will not move, so I know it’s trim correct. I was thinking maybe the mechanic sprayed some Lubricant on something that Wasn’t suppose to get it. I’m not sure how it works, Or what tells the trim promoter up or down? And where is it located? Also the beeping has me puzzled When the autopilot is not on,(if that is where it is coming from) maybe something is starting to go bad inside the main Control box?(above my pay garage). Anyone else ran across this?

Latest posts

Back