• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Carburetor compatibility with mogas STC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a Cherokee 150 last week. Love the plane and I've put just under 13 hours on it in the past week :).
The plane has the mogas STC in its documentation. However, when I was chatting with the owner the first time I went and looked at it, he mentioned that even though it has the STC, he recently had a new carburetor installed that is not compatible with the STC because the mogas would eat the carb float. I have tried looking into this to see if this issue is real, and the only thing I've seen is that gas with ethanol could eat away at rubber carb floats. Otherwise, nothing on Petersen aviation's website makes mention of needing to modify the carburetor in any way. The STC specifically prohibits ethanol gas to begin with. So, my question: Has anyone heard of this being an issue? Can non-ethanol auto fuel cause issues in the carburetor?

Latest posts

Back