• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Carburator heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEG916

Reaction score
So the Piper Warrior is new to me. I have flown it with a couple of people that have more time than I do, and I noticed that neither use carb heat on landing, and at low power settings. The POH just says to use it as required. All my time is in Cessna 150's and 172's. In those airplanes I was always told to apply carburetor heat for landing, and also when power is below the green arc. On the piper the green arc goes all the way down.

When do you guys apply carb heat and what is the reasoning? I have been told that the aircraft is just not very prone to carburetor icing. It sounds like I need to adjust my procedures for this different aircraft.

Latest posts

Back