• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Canada and the US, differences and history

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always enjoy the posts of Orest and Canuck, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and I expect to take a fair amount of guff for it, but the responses of Orest and Canuck remind me of my many business visits to (primarily) Toronto and Collingwood Ontario (which has been some time ago as I retired in 2008). Orest and Canuck remind me of the many Canadians I met and worked with who generally appreciated most of what the government was doing for them (even if they disagreed with who happened to be incumbent in office at that time), were begrudgingly accepting of the tax burden that provides many benefits in Canada, and tended to be mindful of laws and restrictions for the common good. On the other hand, many Americans IMHO just barely tolerate our government, tend to pay lip service to laws and restrictions, try every quasi-legal and cleverly illegal way to reduce their tax burden and see those that pay their full tax burden willingly as fools, and are more focused on maintaining and fighting against all restrictions to their personal freedoms. I see some of that in these posts and responses about flying vs not flying during this current crisis, including my own previous response. Of course this is a gross generalization and cultural stereotyping (I apologize in advance), may apply more to Ontario than , say, Quebec, and as I no longer visit Canada frequently, who knows if it is still as I remember it. But as an old Human Resources guy (I know, I know, ugh - Human Resources) it is interesting to see how what I perceive as cultural differences appear to carry over to flying, at least in the current crisis. So prepare the cannons and blast away at me and my hypothesis - we are all sitting at home with little else to do lol.

Latest posts

Back