• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Buying a damage history airplane POLL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it a GO or no GO to purchase with damage history

• Go

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • NO Go

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

Himark

Reaction score
I have been in the car business for 30 years...I have seen new cars come to our dealership needing repairs either from poor factory finish to transportation damage. I witness customers come in to buy a used 2-3 year old car and go completely bonkers if it had a scratch repaired. Maybe I am callused to it as I am in the business but guys fact is a vehicle with being USED is probable at some point to receive SOME damage. A new vehicle less likely than a 5 year old one....HOWEVER, take a 40 year old one... LIKELY! at some point.

So why do people get so skiddish on repairs if they have them inspected and are correctly done? I mean MOST of these ac have had some sort of incident at some point. With that said I am posting a simple two question poll. Would you purchase?

Latest posts

Back