• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Busted Bolt on Cylinder 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got some fun news yesterday. I've attached a pic of what looks to me to be a sheared bolt my mechanic pointed out yesterday. Engine has less than 300 hours, overhaul was done in 2017, before I bought it with 30 hours on it in 2019. Not sure what would cause it, and I'm poring over pics of the engine to see if it has always been that way.
I've babied this engine since I got the plane.

It looks like it was overtorqued to me, but I'm a dummy. What do you think, and what kind of downtime and repair bill am I looking at?
Cylinder 6.JPG

Latest posts

Back