• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Burnt exhaust valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wleferrand

Wannabe Aztec driver
Reaction score
All right, so in preparation for a little trip down to Africa we decided to take compressions and borescope the cylinders on the trusty 73' turbo E. Here's what we found in one of them. (All the others are looking fine)

What did I do wrong over the past 300 hours to cause that? I have a JPI-790 (never noticed anything) and I follow the POH recommendations. The jug was 1000 hours old.

(Kudos to my mechanic by the way, there is already a new jug on the engine. And on the up side, we were able to look at the camshaft & the lifters and they are corrosion-free.)

Thanks for your insights!

William

Attachments

• IMG_8024.jpg
    IMG_8024.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Back