• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bought a 1974 Warrior Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
Yes I did. I thought I would buck the trend in general aviation, & forgo that new SUV or whatever for a while. I owned a Cherokee 140/150hp back in the early 90's. I sold it while downsizing with a job change. Anyhow,this one is in better shape with a useful load listed at 994 lbs. The total hours are 2770(engine 700) & it's been hangered just about it's whole life. Now I have to do a bunch to get back in the groove. I'll be checking in with some issues before long.

Just for starters there was talk about changing the aluminum battery cables over to copper? Not to get ahead of myself, but the A&P mentioned a $300 cost to do that? Me being an all around 'DIY'er, that sounded a little steep. I may never change anyway,just wondering benefits & approx cost?

Latest posts

Back