• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bose Noise Cancelling Headset, an old one, just $189 obo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azsportpilot

Reaction score
well before the A20 there was the X
before the X there was the Series 2
before the series 2 was the Series 1....this one started it all, this was the first aviation headset with ANR available to the public, bose started it all in 1989

Bose Aviation Headset Series I

The Bose Series I Aviation Headset was introduced in 1989 as the first commercially available Active Noise Cancellation headset specially designed for pilots, also used by the United States Air Force.

Initially, the Bose Aviation Headsets were not to be sold in civilian markets, as they were considered by Bose to be a military application.

the Aviation Headset used active noise reduction technology and other passive noise reducing technology. Also Bose used a 9-pin connection to the battery box, then the standard Fixed wing 2 plugs from the battery box to the aircraft

The Aviation Headset includes

• Active Equalization - Clean full sound quality that enhances intelligibility of radio and intercom audio and enables natural sounding music reproduction
• Acoustic Noise Cancellation - reduces noise over the full range of the human hearing
• Integrated boom Detaches, to be worn on either the right or left earcup.
• Portable Carry Case for headphone and accessories

Series I aviation headsets are distinguished by the clear windows on the earcups or by noting that the on/off switch and volume control are located on the separate control module.

• Weight: 18 ounces
• Battery: NiCa Battery
• Battery Life: 8 hours of use
• Shielded: No
• Warranty: 2 Years
• Price: $995 USD

THE ORIGINAL GEL EARCUPS FELL APART SO I AM INCLUDING A NEW SET OF BOSE SERIES 1 GEL EAR SEALS, ALSO INCLUDED IS OWNERS MANUAL AND PAPERS AND ORIGINAL BOSE CARRY CASE......MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER

BATTERY SHOULD BE REPLACED BUT WORKS GREAT WHEN PLUGGED INTO THE 12v JACK ON YOUR PANEL (CORD SUPPLIED)

Pickup here in Phoenix AZ, or Shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 is just $9.95 (actual cost) for USPS Priority mail w/ Delivery Confirmation.

Free Delivery to DVT

Call John @ 602-327-9768

bose1.jpg

bose2.jpg

bose3.jpg

bose4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back