• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Boost pump doing pattern work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
Been flying a lot lately forgive me for being full of questions. Went down to get night current tongiht (had logged 3.2 hrs of dual night with my CFI and the last of that was a year ago). My CFI told me to start at dusk and fly as long as I was comfortable. My mission was to get night current. WOund up doing 8 laps around the pattern, full stop every time and 3 landings managed to be FAA legal to put in the log books to carry passengers. But I hate running the boost pump all the time and with the full stop after each landing i shut it off to taxi back, shut it off when I got to TPA and turned it back on when i reduced power and added the 1st notch of flaps. I didnt base this on anything. So what is the SOP for doing pattern work and switching on/off the boost pump? My CFI likes me to keep it on the entire time but he is from the dark side (Cessna) and doesn't do too much training in low wings, I relay things i read on here to him and he either agrees or disagrees but he's not immune to suggestions.

Latest posts

Back