• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bogert Cables for sale

epopper

Reaction score
As part of my firewall forward project, I bought the Bogert cable kit. The kit has the heavy gauge cables that replace existing electrical wiring from the battery forward to the engine compartment and starter. I believe that there are approximately 8-10 cables in the kit.

As the project progresses, I have decided not to install it as the cables in my aircraft are in better condition than expected and have been replaced at some point already with heavier gauge.

Bogert will take them back with a restocking fee so I thought I would see if any one here wants them first?

They were $564.00 shipped so I will sell them for $520 shipped if anyone wants them.

The kit is for a 1972 Piper Arrow II. I don't know what other models that it would work with but if there is interest, Bogert can give us that information.

If no takers, I will just send back for refund.

Eric

IMG_6983.jpg

henni8a5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed these in my Cherokee 180 and cannot believe the difference. If you do not have copper cables this is a great deal and pretty easy to install.

epopper

Reaction score
Just installed these in my Cherokee 180 and cannot believe the difference. If you do not have copper cables this is a great deal and pretty easy to install.
Other than one of the alternator cables, that isn't included, all of mine have been previously upgraded. I should have paid closer attention before purchasing.

Eric

Unit74

Reaction score
Light starter option or standard kit?

And I'd check what you have. If they are not copper, I'd be inclined to swap them out.

arkvet

Reaction score
I did the battery box mod kit on my PA32 that still had the original braided ground cable. The difference was incredible. Bogert makes good stuff at a good price. Great upgrades for these planes.

Unit74

Reaction score
I did the battery box mod kit on my PA32 that still had the original braided ground cable. The difference was incredible. Bogert makes good stuff at a good price. Great upgrades for these planes.
I'm doing it for the Just Cuz of it since I am going into annual and like to through money at the plane each annual. Also doing a Hartzell E Series starter Just Cuz at the same time. Figured, well, I'm pulling the starter, might as well feed it the best juice I can and hence, landed on Bogerts page.

What do you mean by "incredible"?

To be honest, I didn't even research the benefits of the new cables. Hartzell guy I talked to said I should since I'm in there, so I am. Seemed legit, right?;)

arkvet

Reaction score
What do you mean by "incredible"?
well with my old cables it was like my battery (pretty new Gill) / starter was on decaf and hadn't slept in a few days. At the turn of the key I held my breath hoping that it would start after the first 3-4 blades because at 5-6 blades it would start bogging down. Fortunately my plane starts well so I could always get it started.

After the box / cable mod this same Gill battery would turn my prop like it had just ingested a six pack of red bull. I had to apologize to the Gill battery that I'd cursed for quite a while as being a weak POS.

Later on the Gill was replaced with a Concord because it got weak. It was likely weakened quite a bit from the hard starting / bad cables during it's early life.

https://bogertaviation.com/products...ttery-cables-stc-sa4008nm?variant=10815158913

$132 well spent!

Latest posts