• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bob Fields Inflatable Door Seals - SALE 20% Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Ever since I bought my current plane, I've really enjoyed the inflatable door seal. It certainly makes my cabin a lot quieter while in use, and my wife swears that it holds cabin heat in a lot better in the winter time. I never could figure out why they only did it on the front cabin door, but didn't do anything with the rear cabin door.

It took a little bit to find the original manufacturer, Bob Fields Aerocessories, but I had been told that no one was sure they were still in business. I shortly thereafter read an article where the company had been purchased by Talco Aviation, the same company that had purchased the STC for Rajay Turbo Products. Thankfully, I was able to get in touch with their representative, Tom Langeland. After some back and forth, he finally convinced me to add the rear cabin (and cargo) door inflatable seals, taking advantage of their 20% off sale at the moment, for National Aviation Day.

I plan on doing a little unofficial testing before I complete the install of these seals (and after).

I am in no way connected with this company, but did want to pass along the sale information. If you do decide you want to do it, there will be no better time...20% off of anything aviation related is HUGE! Their website is Bob Fields Aerocessories. During checkout, just input NAD2020 as the discount code. I assure you, it's working. Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back