• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

blank cyl #4 column on engine monitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill GJPD

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea why my JPI-700 engine monitor would read zero (blank column) at any low idle power 1100 or less with the mixture leaned. However, at full rich the bar EGT bar is higher than the other bars and when I re-lean it goes back to zero (no EGT or CHT readings). At run-up, climb and cruise and decent all temps (EGT/CHT) are equal across all 6 cylinders. This has been like this for a few months. I think it is the probes, which we will swap and test next. The AME verified all exhaust and cylinders were fairly equal temps using an external temp gauge. All cylinders also good compression, all plugs cleaned.

This is a PA32-300 1971 Cherokee six with 200 hours on the engine. It runs smooth otherwise.

Latest posts

Back