• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Black Max Engine Saver - Dehydrator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopere

Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone on the forum has any experience with the black max engine saver from aircraft components incorporated, or any other dehydrator / engine saver / engine dryer ->

http://www.flyingsafer.com

their seems to be an older well written article in Cessna flyer with a fairly scientific test with good results here ->

http://nebula.wsimg.com/1fd3c69cbb2...3181A996A1861998A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

I'm seriously considering purchasing 2 units for my twin, my hanger is fairly damp in the spring and fall, I try to fly as much as possible but some times the aircraft does sit for a maximum of 30 days between flights the odd time
Currently I use Shell 100w Plus and do regular oil changes
I also pre heat anytime outside temps are below 60F, I use cowl plugs and engine blankets religiously to keep the engines sealed up when its damp in the hanger,
also I use some cheap fans to try to move air around, our hanger complex is basically a row hanger with about 12 units in each side, it does have a door but its open on the bottom, air / rain / snow can blow in under the door the gap all the way around is about 4 - 5 inches and by no means are the hangers sealed...

thanks
Eric

Latest posts

Back