• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Big thanks to Saint Aviation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekrat

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out a big thanks to @Jesse Saint of Saint aviation. We bought a pa28-180 that had a single KX155, kma24, no transponder but tray for at50, and no intercom. I contacted Jesse asking about new goodies and wanted to do self install. He sold me a gns430w that had not been installed since a Garmin service, AMX240 audio panel, AXP340 transponder, and a G5 HSI. He also set me up with direct wire harnesses that he sourced for me that made the wiring easy. Well I got everything installed and the only real issue I had was that my G5 was not receiving rs232 data from the 430. After some troubleshooting on my end and talking with Jesse I reviewed the wiring diagram and realized I had set up the 430 to send the data on the wrong channel. Went to configuration mode in the 430 and changed it and guess what? It worked.

in full disclosure the Avidyne units were out of their shop plane but looked new. All in I’m about 15k for the hardware and install and I couldn’t be happier.

Latest posts

Back