• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Best way to get into Vancouver, BC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountShasta

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm out of the San Francisco Bay Area and this summer I'm planning a flight up the west coast to take me all the way up to Vancouver, Canada.

I'm starting to sense that the closest that i can fly into an airport is about an hour car ride away from downtwon Vancouver. That place to land is Pitts Meadow airport (CYPK). I'm trying to figure out if they will let me land my little Piper Arrow at Vancouver Int'l (CYVR) instead to cut down on the hassle of actually getting to the end destination.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to get closer to downtown or am i restricted to Pitts Meadow due to custom issues.

Overall, i'd be interested in hearing from you about your experiences crossing over into Canada and then back to the US. Did you file IFR, flight plan, scudrun (..not too likely..), etc. How was it to then further fly in Canada as opposed to US?

Latest posts

Back