• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Best Glide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new '66 Cherokee 6 - 300 owner here and I absolutely love the plane that I purchased last fall. I have found some great information off this forum on weight-adjusted V speeds that makes a lot of sense. One thing that I haven't been able to find is if anyone is adjusting the " best glide" speed of 100mph for weights less then gross. So that's the first question. A weight-adjusted best glide speed.

In learning the plane and practising forced approaches I was shocked at how fast it came down, they are quite the rock! Best glide is one thing, it gets you the furthest distance, has anyone played around with speeds and configurations that result in a slower descent. For instance, adding in 1 notch ( 10 degrees) of flaps and pitching for x. The best glide speed and slowest sink rate is not the same goal or the same speed. Unfortunately, it is freezing cold here in Canada in the winter and power to idle descents to experiment are not the best idea in the winter. I am looking forward to playing around with different settings and speeds but it would be great to learn from those who have already played this game.

Love the forum! Thanks for all of your help.

Kyle

Latest posts

Back