• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bent Nose Fork

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanger 69

Reaction score
It seems that I have a bent nose fork on my 140. I have been fighting bad ground manners in the 2 years I have owned the airplane and recently someone noticed that the nose fork looked bent. This, after an annual this summer that had the nose gear completely disassembled for strut resealing and new bolts for the fork.

I have checked and the fork appears to be bent. The straightness of my engine mount is also on my mind. A hard landing accident back in the late 80's may be the cause. Could this have been messed up for 30 years? 🤯

Can these be straightened? There seems to be a shortage on nose forks at the dozen or so salvage yards I have called.

Latest posts

Back