• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bendix-King Aerocruze 230 autopilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
B-K is really making a push for their AeroCruze 230, with more and more certifications (they seem quite capable of dealing with the FAA bureaucracy when they care to).

It has the same marketing pitch as the Avidyne's IFD series — retrofit for a last-gen avionics device (in this case, the KFC 150 and 200 autopilots rather than the GNS 430W and 530W). I imagine the idea is to make the total installed cost much lower than a new GFC 500 for anyone who already has an older KFC A/P, and compete with Garmin that way.

I wonder if the Aerocruze 230 is actually any good, though — I've never heard from anyone who actually installed one.

https://generalaviationnews.com/2020/11/23/bendixking-expands-autopilot-certification-list/

Latest posts

Back