• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Beautiful 1974 IFR Cherokee PA-28-140/160 For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjaysaunders

Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of owning a 1974 Cherokee PA-28-140/160 hp for the past 3 years. I have invested a considerable amount of money in upgrades in the avionics, engine, and Interior to make this one of the nicest Cherokee's available. I finished my IFR this month and decided something a little larger and faster would suit the travel needs of the family a little better. I am looking for a new home for a great airplane. I want the plane to be owned by someone who appreicates the Piper Cherokee for what they are....not what they want them to be.

I just completed the annual this month. I have all log books and every single receipt for the airplane since is was factory new in 1974. I hanger the airplne in Gainesville, Ga (KGVL). It has many, many extras. This plane does NOT look or smell like a 1974 Cherokee. She has been my pride and joy and I have spent countless hours and dollars to make her perfect.

The following is the details of the aircraft. I will accept any reasonable offer but would like to be in the mid to upper $20's. Call Kevin Saunders @ 706-974-8316. My e-mail is [email protected].

The plane will not last on the market very long.....and I am a motivated seller.

1974 Piper Cherokee PA-28-140/160 HP upgrade.
N43078 Serial Number #28-7425332
Engine Lycoming O-320-D2G 160 HP
(11/6/2009) – IFR Certification
Engine gone through by Lycoming Factory 1600 hrs. Total hours 2,000
Annual just completed July 2011.

Electronics:

KLN 89B GPS Receiver and antenna w/KI-202 indicator left side panel.
Annunciator installed center pilot panel
PS Engineering PS8000SR Audio Panel. (High Fidelity stereo intercom system with Sirius Satellite Radio, I-Pod, full duplex interface and distribution for telephone systems, public address function, IntelliVox VOX-Squelch, 4 place intercom, split modes, marker beacons and internal recorder system).
Narco Nav122 VOR Nav Indicator w/Glide Slope Inspected/Tested/Certified 10/29/09
Narco Nav11 VOR Nav Indicator Inspected/Tested/Certified 10/29/09
Dual Michel MX-11 Digital Communication radios.
Push to talk on both yokes
Digital Exhaust Gas, Cylinder Head, Outside air temperature gauge.
Transponder w/Mode C
Garmin 295 Pilot Yoke Mounted GPS
Lowrance AirMap 500 Handheld GPS

Interior Upgrades:

Refinished seat frames, install all new high back seat cushioning and upholster w/headrests. All completed FAR 23.853 by Executive Air – Bolivar, TN.
New Piper floor mats front and back (FAR 23.853)
New Floor rib covers, Flap handle trim wheel cover, Throttle Quadrant Overlay. 9/24/09
Bruce Extended Canopy Custom Cover, Red with reflective N43078 lettering and red bag.
Replaced both shoulder harnesses, seatbelts, bushings 4/1/2009
New spinner/backplate 7/11

In compliance all AD’s.

Airplane 055.jpg

Airplane 061.jpg

Airplane 062.jpg

Latest posts

Back