• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Battery drain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoagy69

Reaction score
Hi,

We have been replacing the battery in our 1969 140 every couple of years now. We do not fly all that often but for the last two summers we find that the battery is dead after only 2 weeks and requires a jump. The aircraft is stored inside year round and I remember seeing an article somewhere about a possible buss bar problem. The avionics switch is alwasy shut off prior to the master switch being shut off as part of the shut down checklist. I'm assuming there must be a draw coming from somewhere that would drain the battery so frequently. The electrical system is definitely not my forte. Any help would be appreciated as our annual is coming up next month.

Thanks,

Tom

Latest posts

Back