• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bad part

kamelonu

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a bad part on eBay? I bought a navcom and it gets power but the screen is dead. Do I just return it? What if the seller refuses to take it back?

TheDoc

Reaction score
I have bought bad parts on eBay. The sellers return policy was clearly stated on the item before the sale was final. So you have those terms to work with. He may have had ‘no returns’ set as the policy. You can always engage him especially if you just received it. If you got it some time ago and are just getting around to powering it up for test, then you will likely have less luck in getting satisfaction. It’s just a person on the other side, reach out, be cordial and ask. Best of luck.

daviddancer99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bought and sold several avionics items on eBay. I have had luck returning bad items just by contacting the seller and letting them know that the item was bad. As TheDoc said, just be cordial. Most sellers do not want bad feedback and will work with you. On the flip side, I have also sold an item that was bad and returned the buyer's money and got the item back.

Leigh

Reaction score
I think that Ebay will help you if the seller stonewalls you and is uncooperative, but like others have posted, try to work with the seller first. If you paid via Paypal you might have some leverage there.

TEG916

Reaction score
Unless they changed it, Ebay will get involved if the seller does not make it right. If the item is not as described, then Ebay can reverse the charges even if the seller does not cooperate.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that Ebay will help you if the seller stonewalls you and is uncooperative, but like others have posted, try to work with the seller first. If you paid via Paypal you might have some leverage there.
not always. I bought a 1k astronomy camera there. Seller shipped a box with a rock in it. eBay said I had no proof and because I had signed for it that it was all good. PayPal said the same thing. This was from a major store also. Maybe it got stolen en route I dunno. Just glad by credit card had theft insurance.

6t6

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a bad part on eBay? I bought a navcom and it gets power but the screen is dead. Do I just return it? What if the seller refuses to take it back?

It should read if the seller takes returns on the Auction page . If seller sold you a bad part without indicating the item was not working for parts only. Then you can seek a refund through Paypal by opening a dispute.