• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bad connection at a fuse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLL

Reaction score
I have a bad connection at one of the fuses on my panel. This is for the fuse that supplies current for fuel gauges, oil temp gauge, and interior light. At times, it will loose a connection. Easy to spot - fuel and oil temp gauges fall to zero. If I wiggle the fuse holder cap a bit, it will connect and read back proper function.

The frequency which this occurs in increasing. Plane is heading into owner assist annual. I have tried to clean the internal connections in the fuse holder. And yes, first think I did was to replace the fuse.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you, Gary

Latest posts

Back