• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

aztec throttle lever throw, synced throttles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopere

Reaction score
wondering if anyone in the group can help, preferably a mechanic
aztec went in for the gear warning switch adjustment,(gear handle light / horn for gear up warnings) first issue is my throttles are not synced ( throttle control levers in cockpit) they match at full power but at idle one is about 1/2" to 3/4" further aft than the other, this is what has caused my gear warning light and horn to not activate correctly. So they turned out the end link on the throttle to lengthen the cable and move the one throttle further aft now the throttle levers match at idle for the most part however now at full power the one that was adjusted no longer matches the other throttle its about the same distance aft of the other... They have been miss matched for the time I have owned the aircraft
is it possible to have the throttles match position at both full throttle and at idle? or is it one or the other? I would think if you shorten the cable length by turning in the end link it would shorten the throttle lever throw in the cockpit is this correct?

what might have to happen is the other engine the one with the throttle lever that has more throw might need to be shortened or lengthened im unsure

before my shop wastes more time need a second opinion

the good news is now the gear light and horn are activating correctly however they still need adjustment for the manifold pressure that they are suppose to come on, at least the throttle that was not touched (right throttle) with the switches adjusted now has the gear handle light come on at 16" mp and horn at 12.8"mp this is almost book numbers before it was way off but they did adjust the switches.

they adjusted the left throttle only

thanks

Latest posts

Back