• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec spark plugs fouling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopere

Reaction score
So last annual a bunch of my plugs were toast, so my amo replaced them with tempest (not the fine wire ones)

My number 5 on left engine bottom plug has fouled several times recently, had it checked and it turned out to be a defective plug less than 12 months in service and less than 40hrs on the plug...

Replaced it and it was ok but fouled on the 2nd flight after replacement, heading out tomorrow to fly and see if it's ok on the next run up, thoughts?

I didn't have this issue prior to replacement last year at the annual, it was fine last summer the only thought I have is it's been super cold here any chance that has anything to do with it? Also I believe the plug that came out was champion (not fine wire either)

Also that cylinder is new (2 years old with 100hrs on it)

The plug that came out (defective one) was not oily or anything

Latest posts

Back