• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec Heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having some inconsistancies in when the C&D heater (400 hours) decides to heat. It seems to work really well on the ground and then later in the flight it will stop producing heat. I have had the best luck not turning it on until airborne. When it returns from a flight where the CFI complains of now heat, occassionally the over temp switch needs to be reset. Thinking has something to do with position of the temp control knob, or flying uncoordinated on one engine perhaps. This is also a 14v Aztec and I wonder if the restarting of the engine after inflight shutdown/feather is killing the heater spark. Reaching here gentlemen! Any thoughts or tests? Any practical dos and don't I can share with my CFIs. Che

Latest posts

Back