• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Avionics Shop Recommendations Sought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Veatch

Reaction score
My partner and I are giving serious consideration to replacing the GX60 in our PA24-250 with a 430W or 530W. Yeah, I know, we're sort of playing tail-end Charlie in the GPS market, but money is a consideration. We are based in Wichita, KS and have a quote in hand from Bevan-Rabell located locally.

We would not be adverse to checking with other reputable avionics shops within a reasonable distance from Wichita to validate the quote in hand or maybe save a dollar or two on the upgrade. What is "reasonable distance"? Anywhere east of the mountains and west of the river would probably qualify.

Thanks for any suggestions/opinions/recommendations you would care to offer. You're welcome to PM any shop critiques you'd prefer to not make public.

Latest posts

Back