• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Avionics priced to move!

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
King KX-155 Nav/com , 14 volts, 760 channel, 10 watt TX power, Includes
tray and connecter, 200 NAV channels, 720 COMM channels,
This unit has glideslope receiver
$1495 Priced to move!

My old panel showing the KX-155

Tons of pictures on request!

Andy

[email protected]

Arrow panel.jpg

Last edited:

arkvet

Reaction score
Wait a minute. Only first time posters are supposed to be selling GNS gps. And you’ve got a history of discussing your new panel!

Great deal on both of those items btw!

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a minute. Only first time posters are supposed to be selling GNS gps. And you’ve got a history of discussing your new panel!

Great deal on both of those items btw!
LOL, thanks! Just seems like the used market is very slow. It's a great deal for someone who needs a large screen WAAS GPS. Hopefully someone will step forward.

arkvet

Reaction score
LOL, thanks! Just seems like the used market is very slow. It's a great deal for someone who needs a large screen WAAS GPS. Hopefully someone will step forward.
I can understand the used market being slow for flight instruments given the new options for EFIS there is going to be a flooded market for older stuff. But there should still be a solid market for WAAS gps'. The price / value on those isn't going anywhere. The part 23 rewrite isn't going to do much for those items. It's no coincidence that all the experimental planes flying around (that are filing IFR) have a GNS / GTN / IFD in them, purchased for the same $. Probably the only item in the entire plane that costs the same... well except maybe the tires?

Rightrudder

Reaction score
Pretty solid panel for single engine IFR, I’ll pass the word on your equipment.

Good luck with the new panel , keep us posted

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand the used market being slow for flight instruments given the new options for EFIS there is going to be a flooded market for older stuff. But there should still be a solid market for WAAS gps'. The price / value on those isn't going anywhere. The part 23 rewrite isn't going to do much for those items. It's no coincidence that all the experimental planes flying around (that are filing IFR) have a GNS / GTN / IFD in them, purchased for the same $. Probably the only item in the entire plane that costs the same... well except maybe the tires?
arkvet said "There is going a flooded market for older stuff" and there lye's the problem for sellers. The market is literally flooded with GTN's and has created an overabundance. The units listed on ebay for 9-10K are NOT moving. In fact, most of the 8K units are not moving either. My unit sold for $7200, less the Jepp sky programmer and I was happy with that number. Yes, it's buyers market!

Heck, even the well sought after KX-155 w/ glideslope is not moving. I was told all day long that I could easily sell it @ $2100. no action! Even at $1800 it sat. I am hoping for movement at $1495 but we will see.

For anyone looking to upgrade your panel there is a ton of bargains out.
Happy shopping! :)

sierrakilo99

Reaction score

Heck, even the well sought after KX-155 w/ glideslope is not moving. I was told all day long that I could easily sell it @ $2100. no action! Even at $1800 it sat. I am hoping for movement at $1495 but we will see.
The problem is not that its not a good radio, its that the KX-155 is no longer supported by B-K. I spoke with the local avionics guys at our field and parts (especially the gas-lamp displays) are like hen's teeth so its hard to spend that much on something that's going to be hard to find parts. Maybe the avionics shop guys will buy them up for parts?

sk

arkvet

Reaction score
The problem is not that its not a good radio, its that the KX-155 is no longer supported by B-K. I spoke with the local avionics guys at our field and parts (especially the gas-lamp displays) are like hen's teeth so its hard to spend that much on something that's going to be hard to find parts. Maybe the avionics shop guys will buy them up for parts?

sk
agree 100%. I have a KX-155 and I am seeing some early signs of the gas display going out (intermittent flicker). It would take a pretty low price for me to consider repairing or replacing the whole radio with the same. Over the long run replacing with a newer radio would likely be cheaper and more reliable.

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have an offer of $1000 for the KX-155 from my avionics shop. They will use it as a loaner.

My final price drop is now $1200 to anyone who wants it. It is yellow tagged and works perfectly!

Email me if interested [email protected]

Andy