• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Avidyne PFD flickering (2006 Saratoga)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcowden

Reaction score
Anyone ever see the Avidyne EX5000 PFD display start flickering intermittently? I first noticed it in flight, with a very long duration flicker (about every 20 or 30 secs). It seemed to coincide with setting the prop to high RPM for landing. I thought maybe a loose connection and vibration. I checked the obvious from under the console and saw nothing amiss. After a few flights, the problem showed up in cruise and persisted about every 3-5 secs for the entire flight, where the LCD display image seemed to "shift" up about 3" for the blink of an eye, then returned to normal. Upon returning from that same trip, the problem seems to have totally resolved itself. Probably just waiting for a solid IMC day to totally fail. No adverse control affects or lack of capability were noted. Even the autopilot was fully functional during the issue, with altitude and course changes. I mentioned this because it is largely controlled via the PFD. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back