• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Avidyne 550 and published holds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are RNAV/GPS holds that have a hold mixed in with a procedure turn as part of the pattern. In the approach below say I was coming in from the east and was told to hold at DUCAG. In that situation I cannot get the Avidyne to activate the hold. I can if I come in from the north and use the hold as a procedure turn, but not when coming in from the east and being told to hold at DUCAG. So if I am instructed to hold at DUCAG while coming from the east and to expect further clearance do I just fly the white hold pattern on the Avidyne map screen with out the hold being shown as "magenta active" on the Avidyne and then activate the "RNAV RWY 36" when inbound on DUCAG after being cleared for the approach? Or does the hold have to be shown on the Avidyne map as "magenta acive"?

Thanks for you help.

Best,

Mike

KJDD RNAV RWY 36.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back